What is dry brushing?
Dry brushing is a process by which you exfoliate your skin using a dry natural bristle brush. It is one of the easiest yet beneficial tasks you can do in less than 5 minutes. By stimulating blood and lymph flow, exfoliating dead skin cells, and increasing circulation, dry brushing can help give your skin that summer glow all year round.
- Helps to improve skin's texture and appearance
- Stimulates lymphatic system to flush out toxins
- Stimulates nerve endings in the skin
- Exfoliates dead skin cells and helps invigorate new cells
- Increases circulation
- May reduce cellulite and help with muscle tone (Ahh, now I grabbed your attention!!)
- Relieves stress
A little bit of bristle action can do all this?!
Well, there's no harm in trying it out. :)
How to Dry Brush:
- Select a brush made with natural firm bristles - not synthetic fibers as they are too harsh.
- A brush with a long wooden handle is ideal in order to reach touch spots.
- Best to do right before your daily morning shower.
- Make sure your skin is dry, start with your toes and work your way upward in gentle circular motions.
- Apply a little bit of pressure, but this process should not be painful.
- Be extra gentle on sensitive areas.
- Always brush towards your heart.
- Avoid any areas with broken skin, rash or irritation.
- Not recommended for the face. While great for the rest of your skin, the brush would be too harsh for delicate facial skin.
- Pat some moisturizer or essential oils onto your skin after showering and you will feel the difference. I love to apply some organic extra virgin coconut oil (I ADORE the scent of coconuts) afterward and it reminds me of summer, leaving my skin so amazingly soft and smooth!